Donate regularly and join our Duck Club
Supporters who sign up to give a gift regularly to Royal Papworth Charity help to ensure patients receive the best treatments possible helping to get them home. Will you help our patients on their road to recovery?
Lap of the Pond
Until the early 2000s, patients treated at our previous hospital site were challenged to complete a lap of the pond in their recovery. Even after moving sites to a state-of-the-art hospital, a pond was considered essential. Funded by past patients, the Community Sanctuary Project saw a beautiful pond installed in front of the new hospital. While patients are no longer given the “lap of the pond” challenge, many of those who have visited Royal Papworth Hospital still associate it with that pivotal moment in their recovery.
In recognition of the fondness our patients have for the ducks on our pond, the Duck Club has been designed with levels of awards and as you continue to donate you can achieve the highest level of appreciation by receiving our black swan award
A regular gift from you could change the lives of patients at Royal Papworth Hospital – and help more people take their lap of the pond.
How your gift could help
Regular givers help keep research going and enable patients to receive the best treatments possible. However much you can give, and however often, your ongoing support could transform the lives of patients, their families and the staff who care for them.
- £9 a month for 10 years could cover the cost of a humidifier to ease respiratory issues.
- £19 a month for five years could pay for a nebuliser on a Cystic Fibrosis unit.
- £30 a month for a year could cover the cost of advanced life support training for our nurses.
- £47 a month for five years could provide a heart and lung bypass unit to circulate blood during surgery.
Your support matters
We really value your support, so we want to make sure you’re the first to hear our news and see the difference your donations are making.
Regular givers will receive:
• a welcome pack including your charity pin badge after your first donation
• certificates at each milestone anniversary
• exclusive quarterly supporter updates
• news on treatments and research successes as they happen
• our retail catalogue as soon as it’s out
• a duck badge to mark each milestone of giving, with the highest level of giving marked by our memorable black swan
• pond presentation in recognition of reaching each milestone at your first, third, fifth, seventh and tenth year of giving.
• your very own Mallard Duck plushie in recognition
of five years of giving.
Setting up a regular donation couldn’t be easier...
- Online: Donate online by selecting annual or monthly donation
- Call: 01223 639 950
- Text to donate: Text POND followed by the amount you would like to donate to 70085. For example text ‘POND 5’ to 70085 to donate £5 a month*
To find out more about the Charity and how your support makes a difference, please call 01223 639 950 or email email@example.com
*Texts cost donation amount plus two standard rate messages.